LatAm Briefs Bolivia: Govt Income, Mangnetoteluric Study

(Energy Analytics Institute, Ian Silverman, 1.Jul.2019) — LatAmNRG briefs related to Bolivia and government receiving 67.4% of all hydrocarbon revenues during 2006-2018, the country eying natural gas reserves reaching 15 trillion cubic feet by 2025, and state oil and gas entity YPFB commencing a mangnetoteluric study in Cochabamba.

Bolivia Received 67.4% of Hydrocarbon Revenues Between 2006-2018

(Energy Analytics Institute, Ian Silverman, 1.Jul.2019) — Between 2006 and 2018, approximately 67.4% of Bolivia’s total income generated by its hydrocarbon sector went to government coffers while the remaining 32.6% went to private oil companies, online media La Razón reported, citing comments from Bolivia’s Hydrocarbons Minister Luis Alberto Sánchez.

During the time frame, a total of $55.603 billion in income was generated, of which $37.479 billion or 67.4% went to Bolivia’s government and $18.125 billion or 32.6% went to operators. Of the latter amount, $7.907 billion related to projects and $10.218 billion to recoverable costs, Sánchez said.


NASA to Livestream South America Total Solar Eclipse

Bolivia Eyes Gas Reserves Of 15 Tcf By 2025

(Energy Analytics Institute, Ian Silverman, 30.Jun.2019) — Over the next six years Bolivia estimates investment on various exploration and exploitation activities will reach $10 billion, and assist to boost the country’s natural gas reserves to at least 15 trillion cubic feet (Tcf) by 2025, reported online media La Razón, citing comments from Bolivia’s Hydrocarbons Minister Luis Alberto Sánchez during a broadcast by state media.

In 2005, Bolivia had gas reserves of 9 Tcf, which rose to 9.9 Tcf in 2009, then 10.45 Tcf in 2013, and then 10.7 Tcf in 2018, the official said.

“We are going to invest close to $10 billion on exploration and exploitation in the next six years and $2 million to drill more than 30 exploratory wells located in 29 areas,” Sánchez said.


YPFB Starts Mangnetoteluric Study In Cochabamba

(Energy Analytics Institute, Ian Silverman, 28.Jun.2019) — Bolivia’s state oil and gas entity YPFB began a mangnetoteluric and gravimetric study in the San Miguel and Isarzama exploratory areas located in the Entre Ríos municipality of Cochabamba.

Investments in the study will approximate $4 million, reported online media La Razón. Initial study results are expected in around 90 days.


© Energy Analytics Institute (EAI)

Please follow and like us:
Follow by Email
Visit Us

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *