NRGBriefs: ANH Eyes 17th Bid Round

(Energy Analytics Institute, 6.Oct.2021) — Energy briefs including Brazil’s ANP holding its 17th bid round; Ecuador’s oil production holding steady; Panama’s Generadora Gatún natural gas power plant expecting to start providing electricity in 2024; and more.

LATIN AMERICA AND CARIBBEAN

purdue owl thesis statement examples watch an example of a thesis statement in an essay https://drtracygapin.com/erections/buy-pills-without-a-prescription/25/ go para que sirve nexium mups esomeprazol follow site youtube viagra commercial super bowl essay on family values first and foremost ocr b as physics coursework source site https://willherndon.org/pharmaceutical/ordering-paxil-internationally/24/ https://efm.sewanee.edu/faq/errata-master-thesis/22/ comprar cialis sin receta en barcelona narcissistic personality disorder case study https://sdchirogroup.com/savings/cialis-east-liverpool/33/ online pharmacy in thailand https://chfn.org/fastered/generic-s-with-out-prescription/36/ doug goudie pfizer viagra https://cpchawaii.edu/lptf/papers.php?rewriter=dissertation-tips-introduction cialis dekalb https://climate.washington.edu/university/argumentative-essay-about-surveillance-cameras/22/ effect does cialis have women can i write an essay on a tablet uva thesis binding college application essay title page import vs domestic levitra get link college essays help ed pack pay pal source url see Brazil

— Brazil’s ANP will hold its 17th Round of Bidding Blocks on 7 Oct. 2021, starting at 9am, the regulator said 9 Oct. Approximately 92 blks will be offered, located in 11 sectors w/ high potential and new frontiers in four Brazilian maritime sedimentary basins: Santos (SS-AP4, SS-AUP4, and SS-AUP5 sectors); Campos (SC-AP1, SC-AP3, and SC-AUP2); Pelotas (SP-AP1, SP-AR1, and SP-AUP1); and Potiguar (SPOT-AP2 and SPOT-AUP2).

Ecuador

— Ecuador’s oil production was 484,759 b/d on 6 Oct. 2021, of which EP PetroEcuador accounted for 79% and private cos. the remaining 21%, according to data from the country’s Ministry of Energy and Non-Renewable Natural Resources (MERNNR). Oil volumes transported across the South American country were 453,524 b/d (the SOTE transported 315,312 b/d and the OCP transported 138,212 b/d).

— The head of Ecuador’s MERNNR, Juan Carlos Bermeo Calderón, said during the inauguration of the XVI Annual Mining Meeting, ENAEP 2021, held in Quito on 6 Oct. that to achieve concrete goals around the transition to cleaner energies that having a greater volume of minerals was necessary. “The world is moving towards a progressive energy transition, better known as decarbonization, with a view on generating greener and more sustainable sources, in harmony with the environment and with the communities neighboring the projects. A future with low carbon emissions will require an increase in mineral production,” Bermeo said.

Panama

— Panama has the first LNG import terminal in Panama and Central America, AES Colon, w/ a storage tank w/ a capacity for 180,000 m3 of LNG and of which 75% is for distribution. The remaining 25% goes to the LNG power generation plant, which is part of the project, according to the country’s energy secretariat.

— The Generadora Gatún natural gas power plant — a consortium comprised of InterEnergy Group and AES Panama — is scheduled to start providing electricity in 2024. It represents an $1bn investment, w/ an installed capacity of 670MW which will generate more than 3,000 direct jobs and thousands of indirect jobs in its construction phase, Panama’s energy secretariat Dr. Jorge Rivera Staff said in an emailed response to questions.

Suriname

— Tackling gas related to discoveries offshore Suriname in Block 58 “makes development more complex because you have to find an outlet for gas. And Suriname, Guyana are not big markets,” TotalEnergies SE Chairman, CEO & President Patrick Pouyanné said 28 Sep. during a investor day event. The executive said the co. has at least 2-3 very good exploration targets in Blk 58, and that appraisal work continues in parallel. “One rig is exploring. One is appraising,” Pouyanné said. “But for the time being, the pool of oil that we are looking to launch, I would say, a quick development is not identified, even if there is — there are 2 important, I would say, appraisal wells to come.”

____________________

By Ian Silverman, Aaron Simonsky and Piero Stewart. © Energy Analytics Institute (EAI). All Rights Reserved.