BHP Encounters Hydrocarbons In Latest T&T Deepwater Well

(T&T Energy Chamber, 17.Apr.2019) — BHP has announced that it has found hydrocarbons in its latest deepwater well in Trinidad & Tobago’s deepwater block 23(a). The Bélé-1 well is the first of a three well programme to test prospects around the Bongos discovery, made in 2018.

The well is being drilled by the Deepwater Invictus rig and was spud on 2 March 2019 in 2,102 meters water depth. The total planned well depth is 3,693 meters. The 31st March BHP operational review noted that drilling was still in progress.

After completing the Bélé-1 well the Deepwater Invictus is expected to move on to the planned Tuk and High Hat wells.

BHP holds a 70% share in block 23 (a) with bp holding the remaining 30%.

***

Please follow and like us:
RSS
Follow by Email
Facebook
Facebook
Twitter
Visit Us
LinkedIn
Instagram

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Close