Ecopetrol and Petrobras Announce Find at Uchuva-1 Gas Well

Instant Max AI Immediate Frontier

(Energy Analytics Institute, 29.Jul.2022) — Colombia’s state-owned oil and gas producer Ecopetrol and its Brazilian counterpart Petrobras announced a natural gas find offshore Colombia’s Caribbean coast at the Uchuva-1 well.

The Uchuva-1 well was drilled 32 kilometers off Colombia’s Caribbean coast and some 76 kilometers from the city of Santa Marta in a water depth of approximately 830m, Ecopetrol announced 29 July 2022 in an official statement.

The well was drilled in the Tayrona Block where Petrobras is the operator with a 44.44% interest. Ecopetrol holds the remaining 55.56% interest.

RELATED STORY: Petrobras on Gas Discovery at Uchuva-1 Well in Colombia with Ecopetrol

RELATED STORY: Ecopetrol and Petrobras Spud Uchuva-1 Well Offshore Colombia

RELATED STORY: Colombia’s Mines and Energy Minister Expects Good Results from Gorgon-2 Well


By Piero Stewart. © Energy Analytics Institute (EAI). All Rights Reserved.

Previous post Petrobras Reports Solid 2Q:22 Results [PDF Downloads]
Next post Petrobras on Gas Find Offshore Colombia with Ecopetrol