Colombia Shelves Conoco, Canacol Requests For Fracking Licenses – Reuters

(Seeking Alpha, Carl Surran, 20.Mar.2019) — Colombia’s government has nixed two environmental licensing requests made by ConocoPhillips and Canacol Energy for fracking projects in northern Cesar province, Reuters reports.

The companies reportedly failed to meet minimum conditions for the Piranga project, while the Plata project raised possible water protection concerns.

A commission convened by the government to study non-conventional exploration methods has recommended strict monitoring of three pilot projects to determine whether fracking techniques should be widely used.

COP holds an 80% stake in the projects and Canacol the remaining 20%.

***

Please follow and like us:
RSS
Follow by Email
Facebook
Facebook
Google+
https://energy-analytics-institute.org/2019/03/20/colombia-shelves-conoco-canacol-requests-for-fracking-licenses-reuters/
LinkedIn
Instagram

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *