(S&P Global, 27.Feb.2023) — The United States Special Presidential Envoy for Climate, John F. Kerry, will address delegates at the 41st annual CERAWeek by S&P Global, 6-10 March in Houston.
The first-ever Principal to sit on the U.S. National Security Council entirely dedicated to climate change, Mr. Kerry previously served as the 68th U.S. Secretary of State and as a U.S. Senator representing Massachusetts.
“We are pleased again to welcome Secretary Kerry among the distinguished speakers at CERAWeek by S&P Global,” said Daniel Yergin, Vice Chairman of S&P Global and conference chair. “At a time when geopolitics are reshaping the global energy landscape like never before and concerns for energy and climate security are at the forefront, his knowledge and experience at the epicenters of international politics and global climate diplomacy will be a timely and important contribution to the critical dialogues taking place at this year’s conference.”
Sec. Kerry will join the world’s energy industry leaders, experts, government officials and policymakers, as well as leaders from the technology, financial and industrial communities addressing this year’s conference.
CERAWeek 2023: Navigating a Turbulent World: Energy, Climate and Security will examine how a new era of global uncertainty and change is reshaping challenges and opportunities for the energy transition. The conference will explore strategies and solutions for reducing emissions while meeting growing energy demand—all as the world grapples with shifting geopolitics, economic uncertainty and the upheaval of war.
The CERAWeek 2023 conference program will explore key themes related to:
- The Energy Trilemma: Balancing security, transition and affordability
- Geopolitics and Geoeconomics: An era of volatility
- Competitive Landscape, Technology and Innovation
- Financing the Energy Future: The capital transition
- Supply Chains, Commodity Markets and Energy Transition
- Future Workforce: Diversity, equity and inclusion (DEI) and next-generation skills
The week-long event will also include the CERAWeek Innovation Agora, serving as the center of technology and innovation programming at the conference. Featuring a community of thought leaders, technologists, start-ups, investors, academics, energy companies and government officials, the Innovation Agora will showcase transformational technology platforms in the energy space ranging from digitalization, AI, cybersecurity, analytics and connectivity, robotics, blockchain, additive manufacturing, mobility and decarbonization technologies. The 2023 program will also feature expanded “Agora Hubs“—dedicated areas focused on hydrogen, carbon and climate.
CERAWeek 2023 speakers will include (partial list):
- Jennifer Granholm – Secretary of Energy, U.S. Department of Energy
- Bernard Looney – CEO, bp
- Pedro Pizarro – President and CEO, Edison International
- Patrick Pouyanné – Chairman of the Board and CEO, TotalEnergies
- Vicki Hollub – CEO, Occidental Petroleum
- John Podesta – Senior Advisor for Clean Energy and Implementation and Chair of the National Climate Task Force, The White House
- Amin H. Nasser – President and CEO, Saudi Aramco
- Ryan Lance – Chairman and CEO, ConocoPhillips
- Hon. Lisa Murkowski – United States Senator, Alaska
- Mike Wirth – Chairman of the Board and CEO, Chevron
- Anders Opedal – President and CEO, Equinor
- Wael Sawan – CEO, Shell
- Hon. Joe Manchin – United States Senator, West Virginia
- Douglas Peterson – President and CEO, S&P Global
- Adam Selipsky – CEO, Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- David M. Rubenstein – Co-Founder and Co-Chairman, The Carlyle Group
- H.E. Haitham Al Ghais – Secretary General, OPEC
- H.E. Dr. Sultan Ahmed Al Jaber – Minister of Industry and Advanced Technology; Special Envoy for Climate Change, United Arab Emirates; Group CEO and managing Director, ADNOC
- Meg O’Neil – CEO and Managing Director, Woodside Energy
- Dr. Fatih Birol – Executive Director, International Energy Agency
- Claudio Descalzi – CEO, Eni
- Josu Jon Imaz – CEO, Repsol
- Meg Gentle – Executive Director, HIF Global
- Hon. Andrew Sullivan – United States Senator, Alaska
- Ernie Thrasher – Founder and CEO, Xcoal Energy and Resources
- Jose W. Fernandez — Under Secretary for Economic Growth, Energy and the Environment, U.S. Department of State
- John Ketchum – Chairman, President and CEO, NextEra Energy
- Willie L. Phillips – Acting Chairman, U.S. Federal Energy Regulatory Commission
- Jean-Pascal Tricoire – Chairman and CEO, Schneider Electric
- Miguel Stilwell de Andrade – Chairman of the Executive Board of Directors, EDP
- Zoe Yujnovich – Upstream Director, Shell
- Barbara Burger – Senior Advisor, Lazard
- Christian Bruch – President and CEO, Siemens Energy
- Richard Adkerson – Chairman of the Board and CEO, Freeport-McMoRan
- Olivier Le Peuch – CEO, Schlumberger
- Michael Smith – Chairman, CEO and Founder, Freeport LNG
- Sunita Narain – Director General, Center for Science and Environment
- Hon. Michael S. Regan – Administrator, U.S. Environmental Protection Agency
- Charif Souki – Executive Chairman of the Board, Tellurian
- Amos Hochstein – Special Presidential Coordinator, U.S. Department of State
- Dan Brouillette – President, Sempra Infrastructure, former U.S. Secretary of Energy
- Daniel Poneman – President and CEO, Centrus Energy
- Ernest Moniz – Founder and CEO, Energy Futures Initiative and former U.S. Secretary of Energy
- Felipe Bayón – CEO, Ecopetrol S.A.
- Walter Isaacson – Leonard Lauder Professor of American History and Values, Tulane University
Visit www.ceraweek.com for a complete list of speakers and the most up-to-date program information (subject to change).
CERAWeek by S&P Global 2023 will be held March 6-10 at the Hilton Americas—Houston. Further information and delegate registration is available at www.ceraweek.com.
Media registration is now open. Members of the media interested in covering CERAWeek 2023 are required to apply for accreditation. Applications are subject to approval and can be submitted at the following link: https://reg.ceraweek.com/flow/spglobal/ceraweek2023/cw23registration/login. Select “Media” from the list of registration options to submit your application.
About S&P Global
S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI) provides essential intelligence. We enable governments, businesses and individuals with the right data, expertise and connected technology so that they can make decisions with conviction. From helping our customers assess new investments to guiding them through ESG and energy transition across supply chains, we unlock new opportunities, solve challenges and accelerate progress for the world.
We are widely sought after by many of the world’s leading organizations to provide credit ratings, benchmarks, analytics and workflow solutions in the global capital, commodity and automotive markets. With every one of our offerings, we help the world’s leading organizations plan for tomorrow, today.