(CERAWeek, 25.Jan.2023) — U.S. Secretary of Energy Jennifer M. Granholm will address delegates at the 41st annual CERAWeek by S&P Global, March 6-10 in Houston.
Secretary Granholm will join the world’s energy industry leaders, experts, government officials and policymakers, as well as leaders from the technology, financial and industrial communities addressing this year’s conference.
“We are pleased again to welcome Secretary Granholm to CERAWeek,” said Daniel Yergin, conference chair and Vice Chairman of S&P Global. “At a time of great turbulence in energy, her perspective will be an important and timely contribution to the critical dialogue about energy and policy. Her central role on the implementation and direction of major U.S. legislation—such as the Inflation Reduction Act and the Infrastructure Investment and Jobs Act—will be a source of great interest. Since delivering her inaugural energy address as U.S. Secretary of Energy at CERAWeek 2021, her participation has been a significant contribution to CERAWeek and has great impact.”
CERAWeek 2023: Navigating a Turbulent World: Energy, Climate and Security will examine how a new era of global uncertainty and change is reshaping challenges and opportunities for the energy transition. The conference will explore strategies and solutions for reducing emissions while meeting growing energy demand—all as the world grapples with shifting geopolitics, economic uncertainty and the upheaval of war.
The CERAWeek 2023 conference program will explore key themes related to:
- The Energy Trilemma: Balancing security, transition and affordability
- Geopolitics and Geoeconomics: An era of volatility
- Competitive Landscape, Technology and Innovation
- Financing the Energy Future: The capital transition
- Supply Chains, Commodity Markets and Energy Transition
- Future Workforce: Diversity, equity and inclusion (DEI) and next-generation skills
The week-long event will also include the CERAWeek Innovation Agora, serving as the center of technology and innovation programming at the conference. Featuring a community of thought leaders, technologists, start-ups, investors, academics, energy companies and government officials, the Innovation Agora will showcase transformational technology platforms in the energy space ranging from digitalization, AI, cybersecurity, analytics and connectivity, robotics, blockchain, additive manufacturing, mobility and decarbonization technologies. The 2023 program will also feature expanded “Agora Hubs“—dedicated areas focused on hydrogen, carbon management and climate.
CERAWeek 2023 speakers will include (partial list):
- John Podesta – Senior Advisor for Clean Energy and Implementation and Chair of the National Climate Task Force, The White House
- Bernard Looney – CEO, bp
- Pedro Pizarro – President and CEO, Edison International
- Patrick Pouyanné – Chairman of the Board and CEO, TotalEnergies
- Vicki Hollub – CEO, Occidental Petroleum
- Ryan Lance – Chairman and CEO, ConocoPhillips
- Mike Wirth – Chairman of the Board and CEO, Chevron
- Anders Opedal – President and CEO, Equinor
- Wael Sawan – CEO, Shell
- Douglas Peterson – President and CEO, S&P Global
- David M. Rubenstein – Co-Founder and Co-Chairman, The Carlyle Group
- H.E. Haitham Al Ghais – Secretary General, OPEC
- H.E. Dr. Sultan Ahmed Al Jaber – Minister of Industry and Advanced Technology; Special Envoy for Climate Change, United Arab Emirates; Group CEO and managing Director, ADNOC
- Meg O’Neil – CEO and Managing Director, Woodside Energy
- Dr. Fatih Birol – Executive Director, International Energy Agency
- Claudio Descalzi – CEO, Eni
- Josu Jon Imaz – CEO, Repsol
- Meg Gentle – Executive Director, HIF Global
- Ernie Thrasher – Founder and CEO, Xcoal Energy and Resources
- John Ketchum – Chairman, President and CEO, NextEra Energy
- Jean-Pascal Tricoire – Chairman and CEO, Schneider Electric
- Miguel Stilwell de Andrade – Chairman of the Executive Board of Directors, EDP
- Zoe Yujnovich – Upstream Director, Shell
- Barbara Burger – Senior Advisor, Lazard
- Christian Bruch – President and CEO, Siemens Energy
- Richard Adkerson – Chairman of the Board and CEO, Freeport-McMoRan
- Olivier Le Peuch – CEO, Schlumberger
- Michael Smith – Chairman, CEO and Founder, Freeport LNG
- Sunita Narain – Director General, Center for Science and Environment
- Charif Souki – Executive Chairman of the Board, Tellurian
- Amos Hochstein – Special Presidential Coordinator, U.S. Department of State
- Dan Brouillette – President, Sempra Infrastructure
- Daniel Poneman – President and CEO, Centrus Energy
- Ernest Moniz – Founder and CEO, Energy Futures Initiative
- Felipe Bayón – CEO, Ecopetrol S.A.
- Walter Isaacson – Leonard Lauder Professor of American History and Values, Tulane University
Visit www.ceraweek.com for a complete list of speakers and the most up-to-date program information (subject to change).
CERAWeek by S&P Global 2023 will be held March 6-10 at the Hilton Americas—Houston. Further information and delegate registration is available at www.ceraweek.com.
Media registration is now open. Members of the media interested in covering CERAWeek 2023 are required to apply for accreditation. Applications are subject to approval and can be submitted at the following link: https://reg.ceraweek.com/flow/spglobal/ceraweek2023/cw23registration/login. Select “Media” from the list of registration options to submit your application.