(Ecopetrol, 1.Jun.2022) — Ecopetrol S.A. (BVC: ECOPETROL; NYSE: EC) informs that to comply with the provisions of Part III Title I Chapter VI of the Basic Legal Circular issued by the Financial Superintendence of Colombia (E.C. 029 of 2014), the Board of Directors of Ecopetrol S.A. or the “company”) approved the implementation of the following measures aimed at guaranteeing the adequate representation of shareholders at the extraordinary General Shareholder’s Meeting to be held on 17 June 2022:
The Board instructed the company’s management to:
- Inform shareholders of their right to be represented through the appointment of a proxy and indicate the legal requirements of the proxies to be granted for such purpose.
- Appoint those who will validate the shareholders’ proxy assignments, advising that those proxies that fail to meet the minimum requirements established by law will not be admitted as valid, nor proxy form will be accepted where the name of the respective appointed representative is not clearly defined.
- To abstain from making any recommendations or determinations regarding the proxy selection of the shareholders.
- Not suggest to shareholders to vote for a specific candidate list.
- Not suggest, coordinate, or agree with shareholders regarding i) the submission of proposals at the Meeting; and/or ii) voting in favor or against any proposal discussed in the Meeting.
- Verify that the shareholders do not grant proxies to persons directly or indirectly related to the company’s management or employees.
- The Vice-president of Corporate Affairs of Ecopetrol was appointed as the officer responsible for verifying the compliance with the above measures.
- The Legal Affairs Vice Presidency of Ecopetrol was appointed as the area responsible for supervising the review of proxies.
The previous measures adopted by the members of the Board of Directors of the company in a meeting held on 31 May 2022, will be informed by its Chairperson to the general market through the Delegate Superintendent for Issuers before the General Shareholders’ Meeting.