Ecuador’s Oil Output At 512,439 B/d: MERNNR

(Energy Analytics Institute, 1.Sep.2020) — South America’s Ecuador, formerly a member of the Organization of Petroleum Exporting Countries (OPEC), announced production of crude oil reached 512,439 barrels per day on the first day of September 2020.

Of the production, PetroAmazonas accounted for 410,104 b/d or 80% of total production while private companies accounted for the remaining 102,336 b/d or 20%, Ecuador’s Ministry of Energy and Non-Renewable Natural Resources (MERNNR) announced 1 September in an official statement.

Additionally, Ecuador’s two main pipelines the Trans-Ecuadorian Pipeline System (SOTE) and the Heavy Crude Oil Pipeline (OCP) were transporting a combined 628,609 b/d on 1 September.

The SOTE was transporting 343,488 b/d or 55% while the OCP was transporting 285,121 b/d or 45%, according to data from the MERNNR.

__________

By Piero Stewart. © Energy Analytics Institute (EAI). All Rights Reserved.