Ecopetrol Finds New Oil in Cundinamarca

(Energy Analytics Institute, Piero Stewart, 5.Jul.2018) – A find at the Búfalo-1 well confirmed the presence of oil in the Valle Medio del Magdalena, located near the town of Guaduas, Department of Cundinamarca.

The well is the first discovery in the VMM32 Exploration Contract and is located very close to Ecopetrol’s transport infrastructure, which could facilitate its commercial production stage, the company announced in an official statement

The finding recorded a depth of 1,153 meters, in the Middle Magdalena Valley basin, where the presence of dry gas and light crudes was evident in the Grupo Honda.

Ecopetrol holds a 51% interest in the Bufalo-1 well and is the operator. Its partner, CPVEN E&P Corp, holds the remaining 49% interest.

***

Author: Energy Analytics Institute (EAI)

Energy Analytics Institute (EAI) is a Houston-based independent think-tank providing unbiased research, analysis, commentaries, opinions and breaking news related to the petroleum sectors in the Latin American and the Caribbean regions.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *