(The Hindu, 5.Jan.2019) — ONGC Videsh Ltd., the overseas arm of State-owned Oil and Natural Gas Corp. (ONGC), on Saturday said it has made a second oil discovery in Colombia that has increased prospects of its onland block in the South American nation.
The well Indico-1 in onshore block CPO-5 found an oil-bearing play, the company said.
OVL is the operator of the block with 70% stake while Petrodorado South America S A Sucursal (PDSA) of Colombia holds the remaining 30%.
The well was spudded on November 7, 2018, and the company completed drilling on December 15, 2018.
“The well Indico-1 encountered lower sands (LS-3) of Une Formation (Cretaceous) at a depth of 9,833 feet found to be oil bearing, before terminating the drilling at 10,602 feet (MD) in Paleozoic. The well was successfully logged and found to have 284 feet of gross thickness and 241 feet net pay,” it said.
During tests, the well flowed at a self-flow rate of about 4,000 barrels of oil per day.