(Ecopetrol, 21.Dec.2023) — Ecopetrol S.A. (BVC: ECOPETROL; NYSE: EC) informs that in order to comply with the provisions of Part III Title I Chapter VI of the Basic Legal Circular issued by the Financial Superintendency of Colombia (E.C. 029 of 2014), the Board of Directors of Ecopetrol approved the implementation of measures aimed at ensuring the adequate representation of shareholders at the extraordinary meeting of the Assembly to be held on 10 Jan. 2024 and, in this regard, requested the Management to:
- The shareholders should be informed of the power of representation that they have through the appointment of a proxy and the legal requirements of the powers of attorney granted for such purpose should be indicated.
- Those appointed to verify the powers of attorney granted by the shareholders should be instructed that those that do not comply with the minimum requirements established by law will not be admitted as valid, and that powers of attorney will not be received if the name of the respective representative is not clearly defined.
- Do not suggest or determine the name of the shareholders’ proxy.
- Do not suggest, coordinate or agree with the shareholders: (i) the presentation of proposals at the Meeting and/or (ii) the voting for or against any proposal to be presented at the Meeting.
- No proxies shall be granted to persons directly or indirectly related to the management or employees of Ecopetrol
- The Legal Vice-Presidency shall be the area responsible for the process of reviewing and verifying the powers of attorney.
- The Vice-Presidency of Corporate Affairs and General Secretary of Ecopetrol be responsible for ensuring the implementation and compliance with the above measures.
The above measures were adopted by the members of the Board of Directors of Ecopetrol in a meeting held on 19 Dec. 2023 and are reported prior to the respective General Shareholders’ Meeting.