(Ecopetrol, 24.Feb.2023) — Ecopetrol S.A. (BVC: ECOPETROL; NYSE: EC) informs that to comply with the provisions of Part III Title I Chapter VI of the Basic Legal Circular issued by the Financial Superintendence of Colombia (E.C. 029 of 2014), the Board of Directors of Ecopetrol approved the implementation of the measures described below which are aimed at guaranteeing the adequate representation of shareholders at the Ordinary General Shareholder’s Meeting to be held on 30 March 2023:
The Board instructed the company’s management to:
- Inform shareholders of their right to be represented through the appointment of a proxy and indicate the legal requirements of the proxies to be granted for such purpose.
- Appoint those who will validate the shareholders’ proxy assignments, advising that those proxies that fail to meet the minimum requirements established by law will not be admitted as valid, and no proxy form will be accepted where the name of the respective appointed representative is not clearly defined.
- Abstain from recommending or influencing the name of the shareholders’ attorneys-in-fact or their proxy selection process.
- Inform all company employees that they may not suggest to shareholders to vote for a specific candidate list.
- Abstain from suggesting, coordinating or agreeing with the shareholders on: (i) the presentation of proposals at the Meeting and/or (ii) the vote for or against any proposal to be presented at the Meeting.
- Verify and implement procedures such that no proxies are granted to persons directly or indirectly related to the company’s management or employees.
- The Legal Vice-Presidency shall be the area responsible for reviewing proxies.
- The Vice President of Legal Affairs and General Secretary of Ecopetrol shall be responsible for ensuring the implementation and compliance with the above measures.
The above measures were adopted by the members of the Board of Directors of Ecopetrol in a meeting held on 24 February 2023 and are reported prior to the holding of the respective General Shareholders’ Meeting.